View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 09:51 AM
El Nino22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Okay sure, you're a homer. Spurgeon clearly blew a tire and fell into the boards. Then three of your goons surrounded Backes while Peters cowardly crosschecked him in the face. But hey ya know stay classy...I'm sure that's working out really well for you.
I am certainly surprised it was only 1 game, but I think the story is getting really stretched on both sides. Spurgeon was not boarded by Backes, he fell. However, watching it in real speed or just catching a glimpse of it I could see where players would react and go after Backes thinking he boarded Spurgeon. ( You have to remember Spurge is the smallest guy on the ice at all times so our guys really try to protect him).

As far as the cross check. Yeah it was a cross check, Peters went after him. But you can tell, and clearly see on the video Peters went at him stick to shoulder and his stick slide up and hit him in the head. Yes it is wrong and a penalty on either account, but there is a big difference between the head and the shoulder. So I think intent and a clean record went a long way in him only getting a game, not that I agree he should have only gotten 1 game.

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote