Old
02-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
So, with Brodz's re-signing, we now have Koivu - Cullen - Brodziak down the middle next year. RW's are Setoguchi (on line 1 or 2) and Clutterbuck on line 3). But for LW's, Heatley is obviously in the top 6, but assuming Granlund comes over and either Bouchard or Latendresse (or both) start the season healthy, who gets bumped over to RW? Have any of them played extensively on the right side? Granlund could also bump Cullen to W, I suppose. I'm guessing, ideally, we're looking at something like this for next year...

Heatley - Koivu - Bouchard
Latendresse - Granlund - Setoguchi
Cullen - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Kassian - Powe - Johnson

With Larsson, Phillips, Coyle, Bulmer and possibly Zucker in Houston if somebody gets injured.

Not too bad.
Thats a fine third line. All three players belong on it. Good 4th line too. Should be capable of generating some good energy.

Bouchard however I do not think will be here next year. I have to believe he is probably done at this point. I'd also like to see Koivu centering the 2nd line with Granlund on the top line. Could also pencil in Parise just for fantasy's sake and then we have a pretty solid top 6 assuming the Wild give lats his one year contract and tell him it is his mission to come to training camp next year fully healthy, which I think they will.

Avder is online now   Reply With Quote