View Single Post
Old
01-21-2006, 02:06 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
My thoughts:

If he stays:
I think people need to look at this for exaclty what it is. We traded our 8th or 9th dman for a very, very talented forward. Seids had so many chances here and I think it is obvious that he was never going to be an NHL player in Philly for whatever reason. We essentially got a potential top line forward for nothing. Nedved is obviously very talented, just depends which Nedved shows up. He has shown in the past that when he plays with good players, on a competitive team, he puts up good numbers. When he plays on crappy teams, he doesnt. He has always been put in situations where he was expected to be the man, and he is not that type of player. On a team like Philly with a Forsberg and Hatcher here, maybe his head will be in the game. The other thing is that he gives you more options then Doug Weight. Weight is a very one dimensional player in that he is an assist machine. With the lack of goal scorers on the Flyers, I dont think he would have been a good fit. Finally, something I have seen no one mention on here so far is that Nedved had his best seasons in Pittsburgh playing as a LW so the FLyers have the option of putting him there as well. This makes more sense to me also, because if Primeau did come back in the playoffs, someone needs to move to wing and since it appears that Hitch doesnt want Carter on the wing or he just cant play there, I think it is better having Nedved cause he can play wing and Weight cant. Maybe with Carter, Handzus? I would give Carter the chance to be the "2nd line" center with Nedved at hiw LW and Kapanen or Rado (to give Nedved a european) on the RW. If Carter doesnt perform, put him back with Umberger and try Handzus there. This is not necessarily a great trade, but considering who we gave up, it isnt horrible. (I am not factoring in money cause who the heck knows what will happen)
Possible:
Gagne Fors Knuble
Nedved Handzus Kapanen
Umberger Carter Rado
Eager Richards Stevenson

The more likely scenario is that he will be packaged with someone to Pittsburgh to bring back Recchi since there have been many rumours about Recchi coming here and Nedved going to Pitts. Contrary to what some say on here, I dont think Recchi is done. He is on a terrible team and he would come here being a 2nd line guy. Again, I would give Carter a chance to be the 2nd line with Umberger and Recchi (who I think complements Carter PERFECTLY. Recchi is a great passer and Carter has a nasty shot) If he doesnt perform, Handzus has shown great chemistry with Recchi in the past.

I dont think Primeau is coming back in the regular season. If anything, he will be back for the playoffs when the cap doesnt count, and he will be the #4 center in a shutdown role.

Last edited by mikedifr: 01-21-2006 at 02:14 PM.