View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 12:22 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
...the point is, the coaches can tell if a player is "getting it" regardless of what line they are on... if Blake had looked comfortable with the puck and had done the other things coaches look for that dont show up on the scoresheet, I suspect he would still be here.

plus that doesnt explain why he continued to flounder in Milwaukee...
I wish Blake all the best with the Habs. As a product of local hockey he was/can be an inspiration to lots of kids hereabouts. Maybe he can get back his mojo and play to his potential.

But as I stated elsewhere, it is clear Bourque had surpassed him on the depth chart here. Or Blake would not have looked as lost in the AHL where he played well last year. It is easy to speculate what Blake 'might have done' if placed on the 2nd or 3rd line, but this year he looked 'panicked' when he was on the ice. DOn't tell me you didn't notice that. Contrast it to how Gabriel has fared since his callup-- he was with the big club for a good reason. And no doubt Bourque would get sent back to the A if any new forward comes in via trade without clearing a roster spot.