View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 12:54 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
TG - well thought out post as always. As we have discussed before I favor moving some of our young depth on the blueline for another team's young depth up front.

The usual suspects being Martinez, Hickey, Muzzin, and maybe Forbort, and even possibly Voynov.

I am wondering though what you would think instead of us moving a package of players for one guy, if it might not be better to move Johnson for a package from another team. Say a player like Grabner and a higher end forward prospect from their system?

Other teams that may be possibilties are the Oilers (with Paajarvi, Omark, and Lander), or maybe the Flyers (with Read +).

Just trying to think outside the box a bit. I really don't want to see the Kings giving up a large amount of assets to get Nash.
I agree completely.

That kind of move would be idillic for us. Since we would be asking we would still end up overpaying but that is something that we cautiously could afford to do. There are several top notch prospects out there who would greatly and quickly impact our team for now and the next several years that we should be able to make an offer for that would bring them our way without costing us too much.

THe Nash/Vanek type of deals are going to cost us a ton and pieces from our line up. Not saying that we shouldn't do it, just stating a fact. NHL ready futures or 1/2 year players will cost less and would be a great way to go.