View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Girardi was definitely a Rangers prospect. He didn't just sign and then play lights out in the NHL immediately.

Staal had a severe concussion and missed half of the season. He is getting his game back and is already close to playing 20+ minutes a night. He is still a top-pairing defenseman.

Sauer is an example of people just wanting to throw him away because he hadn't shown anything since he was 21 and all of a sudden he is a staple in the teams top-4 because they were patient.
Staal had a concussion compounded by a cervical spine injury, you don't suffer a "severe" concussion and finish the season. As for Staal's progression, he's been cleared for full physical activity and contact for a couple of months now, while not at 100%, I don't think there's going to be some hair raising moment when you say, time to put Staal back on the top line...My point being, when will we as fans say Staal is back at 100%, and will Staal be a top pairing defensemen again? I guess more of a question, rather than a statement...Also a tad off topic, my apologies..