View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Khelvan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Staal had a concussion compounded by a cervical spine injury, you don't suffer a "severe" concussion and finish the season. As for Staal's progression, he's been cleared for full physical activity and contact for a couple of months now, while not at 100%, I don't think there's going to be some hair raising moment when you say, time to put Staal back on the top line...My point being, when will we as fans say Staal is back at 100%, and will Staal be a top pairing defensemen again? I guess more of a question, rather than a statement...Also a tad off topic, my apologies..
Next season. Period. This season, he's never going to look as good as he did last season.

He missed his hardcore pre-training camp workouts, training camp, and half the season. He's just not going to be as good until he has had time to go through all of the above.

That he has done as well as he has so far is a testament to how good he really is. But we have to wait until next season to see him really shine.