Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part VIII
View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Stewie G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I don't understand why people are so excited about this Semin who is on a "hot streak" of less than a point per game.

Compare this guy to the Semin who scored 30 in 25 to start last season...then turned into a rat.

Or the Semin who scored 33 in 21 games before the Olympic break two years ago...then played like was absolutely disinterested in the NHL.

Or the Semin who scored in all but 11 games in 2009. So, 79 points in 51 games -absurd.

The only trend I see is that his high end potential is dropping.
The offensive output of the whole team has been dropping. It's not like Semin is alone in that sense. It is very possible that we'll look back on that stretch before the Olympic break two years ago as the high water mark of the Young Gun era, at least offensively.

Granted, there have been stretches where he has looked completely disinterested ever since he's been here, but I've seen nothing in his play during his hot streak recently to suggest that his high end potential is any less than it has been in the past, especially considering the centers he's been playing with.