View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Jonimaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Herregraven View Post
Whatever the players feel towards it is frankly irrelevant. No, the FANS need to care about it. A Champions League of hockey has been tried several times, and unfortunately also the last attempt has failed. I loved the Champions Hockey League, but that's because I'm a certified hockeynut who is interested about hockey globally, not just my own team. I'm an anomaly in European hockey.

9 out of 10 Frolunda-fans don't give two ***** about a game of Frolunda vs. Metallurg Magnitogorsk, they want to see local rivalries vs. other Swedish teams. And this goes for pretty much all of Europe, I was just using Sweden as an example. And if you can't get the fans behind it, you can't get the teams behind it either.

The Champions Hockey League *could* work because for the first time, such a tournament was funded well enough. Unfortunately, after one season the financial backing fell away, closing down an otherwise great idea.
Quit reading here since it's so very wrong.

A tournament can never become anything if the players don't give it their absolute all. In football, players can skip league games to be fresh for Champions league.

Why should the fans care about a tournament where players are playing at 50%, avoiding contact or anything?

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote