View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
With all do respect I have politely disagree. Baby steps are not going to work in Kings situation.
Philadelphia offence with current roster defense and goaltending can be great mix for success.
I have serious doubts those players come in here and light the lamp at a drastic improved rate. Philadelphia offense is not possible on this team, with this system, no matter how you slice up the roster. The changes needed aren't knee-jerk personnel moves, but staff, management and system changes. The roster is fine on paper, blowing them up and forced to play the same system will only destroy whatever chemistry remains and yield the same results. I am all for getting a solid winger, but not for going into rebuild mode.

Kopitar and Brown aren't going anywhere, we aren't in all or nothing on this season, we have a young core signed long term, we can't get drastic and destroy that now. Small steps, a deal like Nash is big, but if that is the only deal made then we just reallocated a defense into offence and we are still predominantly the same looking team next year except we would no longer desperately need a top scoring winger. Neither of those deals would be acceptable anyways for the other team.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller