Old
02-20-2012, 04:20 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
haha!
What I get out of that is Bernstein is implying that Sanford wouldn't be coming back in a deal involving Cbus/LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
@kingsfan

If he was, would Sutter (who is part of that management) be calling him out?

Kopi is never going to be a 100-point producer.. According to our system, Kopi is not allowed in front of or behind the net. He is stapled to the halfwall because it is a good defensive position.

My point is, you can't call a guy our for lack of offensive production when you are not placing him in a position in the offensive zone to succeed.

He has had 2 bad games like everyone else and is an easy target. The team can't pass or receive passes at this point and everytime there is a golden opportunity it is on the stick of King or Lewis.
As was noted earlier in this thread, Lokitionov can go to the net, why can't Kopitar?

Also, Sutter is a far more experience hockey mind than any of us, and he is the guy implimenting the system and telling the players both what is expected from them in the system as well as how to play the system. If he is calling out Kopitar for not playing the system, he's not playing the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Richards and Gaborik have not meshed at all this year. Richards is a having a very poor statistical year, in general.
Gaborik has played better with Stepan this year. Imagine a Richards/Nash combo followed by Stepan/Gaborik. Pretty nice.

If NYR could something along the lines of Marc Staal, Artem Anisimov, a 1st and a depth guy like Boyle/Rupp/Bickel/Eminger, that'd be pretty comparible to the rumours of what LA is being asked to give. I'd assume NYR would want to have a line on picking up a replacement D-man for Staal if that happened.

I think with the Rangers and Kings for Nash, it could all come down to if Columbus wants a young goalie to build around or not, since NYR really doesn't have anything in that regard.