View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 06:25 PM
newham89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
No. Lots of players ahead of Purcell on that list that the Canucks wouldn't trade Schneider straight up for. PA Parenteau, for instance, who is 22nd in points scored. Or Fleischmann at 54th. I'm not sure Schneider gets traded at the deadline, but if he does, the return, I believe, would be a lot bigger you are saying. Again, Purcell is a very good player, but he does not have the potential to be a cornerstone player. Schneider does, and that is recognised around the league.
Whilst I was arguing against the fact that someone said that Purcell was not a top six player. What makes you so sure Schneider has more potential than Purcell? There is six months age between them and only one of them has established themselves properly in the league as of yet. Yes, Schneider will be incredible. But the way you word it makes it seem like Purcell has hit his peak where as Schneider can continue to grow exponentially better.

Wow, Purcell is on pace to break his points total from last season despite the fact he has 15 less PP points. Pretty impressive.

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote