View Single Post
Old
01-21-2006, 09:02 PM
MojoJojo

vCash: 500
OK, I am not crying for the loss of Seidenberg. He was an intriguing prospect, but in the end was a disappointment here. I watched him all last year with the Phantoms and was one of the people that thought he was better than Pitkanen in the AHL (Pitkanen played very conservatively). At the NHL level though he just couldnt adjust his game. The NHL was just too big, too fast, and had too many skilled forwards that could pick his pocket. His shot which was so impressive his rookie year evaporated. Truly he was worse than Therien with the turnovers, and without the size to make up for his shortcomings. Turns out Meyer was exactly the defenseman we thought we were getting with Seidenberg: small, but fast, smart, and had good offensive instincts.

But Nedved? Is he really a Hitchcock type of player? OK, an upgrade from Savage, but not 1.8 million dollars worth of upgrade. He has always been a streaky scorer, is not known to be either hard working or a defensively sound player, and is injury prone (and if that doesnt set off a red flag, nothing will). If the deal was Nedved for "future considerations" I still would be highly reluctant to take him, considering his salary which lasts through next season when we have to re-sign some big names.