Thread: Injury Report: Koivu (Returning To Lineup 3/22)
View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 11:03 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Actually I think you could build a team around a one-two punch of Phillips and Granlund. And have Coyle as the captain with Zucker as the A.
That would be a long time down the road though. Those kids are going to need some time to learn.

Quote:
Koivu hasn't been healthy the past two years. That's the problem. He hasn't been healing and it might be because he's been pushing himself. It's like Joe Mauer.
Agreed. And I think the pressure is that much higher, because Lats and Butch are out. If we had most of our top 6 forwards healthy, Koivu should have been benched long term to heal properly. But this year has been a huge @$#!-up of injuries. And with them desperate for a playoff push, you can bet Koivu was pushing himself as well as feeling pressure from others to rush back.

Quote:
Who the hell cares at this point? Koivu needs to get healthy, period. If that means shelving him for the rest of the year, he needs to be out.
I wouldn't be against that at this point. Start over next year with all the injured guys fully healthy.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote