View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Peter James Bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Thinking that much ahead is usually not a good thing, especially when it leads to trades. That is why GM's draft the best player, not the position they think they will need in 4 years.

Remember, Purcell was penciled as number one winger by Lombardi long time ago.

Loktionov's trade value will be higher in 2 years, I don't think it's wise to trade him right now.
Agreed. I recall during 2008-09 a fan in Windsor was saying all year long that Loktionov was better than teammate Taylor Hall. Lokti had 33 pts in 20 playoff games...Hall had 36 for them in the playoffs. I think Lokti has mostly looked good. The one thing that bugs me, is that he never gets in scoring positions. His linemates never seem to get him the puck, for that matter, but Lokti has to get more hungry to score goals himself. I wouldn't trade him at this time...his value will only rise. If he is traded for a key piece, I do not think it should be now. In other words, he would be the 3rd or 4th piece in a deal for Nash, whereas a year from now, he would be a key piece in a deal - if that deal would make the Kings better.