View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 11:44 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I am going to assume your a bit bias(Not a bad thing) because you have his name in your board name.
Of course I am biased, been watching the kid since before he was drafted by the Kings. He was raw at the time, and he's been developed since into a world class goalie. He just hasn't been afforded an opportunity, not even a competition for the #1 spot. That was an issue I had with Murray and management....but that's another topic.

Quote:
But what good is Bernier to the team if he doesn't play? He doesn't play even as a backup. And he might never be as good as Quick is now. On top of that he isn't going to knock Quick out of the line up anytime soon. So having him on our roster doesn't mean much.
The difference in both goalies, in my opinion is that one plays at another level when the chips are down. If you recall a couple seasons back, Bernier essentially gave us enough points to ride into the playoffs down the stretch when Quick was struggling. Last season the same happened, we struggled down the stretch and blew it in the playoffs again. To me, Quick is Marty Turco. Dependable in the regular season, occasional flashes of greatness, and gets exposed in the playoffs.

Quote:
It would be tough to loose Johnson.
It would. I don't want another Paul Coffey, Bourque etc. situation on our hands.

Quote:
I don't see Loktionov out there doing all kinds of great things that would make me hesitate to include him in a package for Rick Nash.
Loktionov is essentially playing his first NHL season, he's had his cups of coffee before, but this is the first time he's been fully healthy this long into a season. I like his potential and skill set.

Loki and picks for Nash....yeah who wouldn't do that? But with JJ and Bernier...its too much.

Quote:
And to say Rick Nash isn't the cure is just dumb(seems harsh couldn't find the right word not attacking you). How do you know? Nobody in this earth knows.
It isn't the cure because this team isn't one player away. This team has had problems scoring 5 on 5 and on the power play for more than 3 years. We've traded for Richards and that didn't solve anything...I don't see us magically scoring goals in droves because we added a 60-70 point scoring left winger with a huge cap hit.

I see the opposite...its going to be the end of the Lombardi era and we're headed for another "rebuild". and so the cycle of the Kings suckiness continues for another 50 years.