View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 12:01 AM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Of course I am biased, been watching the kid since before he was drafted by the Kings. He was raw at the time, and he's been developed since into a world class goalie. He just hasn't been afforded an opportunity, not even a competition for the #1 spot. That was an issue I had with Murray and management....but that's another topic.

The difference in both goalies, in my opinion is that one plays at another level when the chips are down. If you recall a couple seasons back, Bernier essentially gave us enough points to ride into the playoffs down the stretch when Quick was struggling. Last season the same happened, we struggled down the stretch and blew it in the playoffs again. To me, Quick is Marty Turco. Dependable in the regular season, occasional flashes of greatness, and gets exposed in the playoffs.

It would. I don't want another Paul Coffey, Bourque etc. situation on our hands.

Loktionov is essentially playing his first NHL season, he's had his cups of coffee before, but this is the first time he's been fully healthy this long into a season. I like his potential and skill set.

Loki and picks for Nash....yeah who wouldn't do that? But with JJ and Bernier...its too much.

It isn't the cure because this team isn't one player away. This team has had problems scoring 5 on 5 and on the power play for more than 3 years. We've traded for Richards and that didn't solve anything...I don't see us magically scoring goals in droves because we added a 60-70 point scoring left winger with a huge cap hit.

I see the opposite...its going to be the end of the Lombardi era and we're headed for another "rebuild". and so the cycle of the Kings suckiness continues for another 50 years.
There is no way...... Team`s with a Young All Star goalie...2 Young All Star Centers and a Young franchise defense man a whole spice rack of young defensive prospects and have made playoffs the last 2 years don't go into rebuild mode... Not even sure how you could come up with that conclusion

We are 1 healthy player and 1 impact scorer away from being an elite team.

At this point you are closer to the Cup then a rebuild.
(Rebuild)<--- Here -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(Kings)<---- Here ----------------------------(Cup)<---Here