View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
THIS IS RICH!

Gainey made moves like trading our best prospect for one of the worst contracts in the league or moving our starting goaltender weeks before the playoffs after the best season we had in over 20 years to leave everything in the hands of a complete rookie. The two are so day and night it is not even funny. Gauthier has traded garbage and UFA's for picks, prospects and promising rookies and has single handedly brought this team away from the "smurf" laughing stock it was.
How are they night and day? I don't get you man.

Look, I've been a very vocal critic of Gainey's. The second half of his tenure was flat out awful. There's no doubt about that and I'm certainly not going to defend the McD trade as I ripped it to shreds the second I saw it. But I would think that if you're able to see the flaws in Gainey, you'd be able to see the flaws in PG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Do people here have the memory of a goldfish? Is a 40-50 point dman like kaberle our biggest problem?! Get some priorities people.
You come here and spout crap like "PG is cleaning up Gainey's mess.." No he's not! He's making messes of his own. Kaberle was a terrible move and your defense of PG's tenure here makes absolutely no sense at all. Yet in spite of all reason you continue to defend the ruderless route that he's set course on.

Why do you continue to defend this guy? He's not well respected, has made poor knee jerk reactionary moves, has demonstrated little ability of putting together a long term plan and in the face of the plain view fact that we were going to miss the playoffs, STILL continued to make short term moves designed to desperately squeak into 8th place and saddle us with dumb contracts. The guy has been a gong show so far... why do you want to keep him?

hockeyfan2k11's post from earlier was dead on. Go read it again and come to your senses. PG has sucked.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote