Thread: Prospect Info: All Things Binghamton Senators Part V
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 07:36 AM
sens83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat View Post
And the question that still remains unanswered is.....why do so many players come out and diss binghamton publicly (knowing what's going to happen after they do it); and how come even cities like Elmira don't get this stuff happening to them. This is now becoming an annual occurrence.

And why am I not surprised that this has turned into, what an idiot Petersson is, NOT for what he said but because he said it publicly. And what did he say exactly? binghamton is a boring place. Wow, what an insult. Now if he would have said that the people of binghamton are a bunch of country bumpkins and that they all look like a tub of goo, well I can see where they would have something to get upset about, but geez, binghamton is boring??? really, that's what's got everybody's panties in a knot?
He trashed the arena and the city. He said something along the lines of "google binghamton, don't go there". That isn't the same as saying it's boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient View Post
I agree with Maindot that this should now be water under the bridge, with AP having learned a valuable lession about professionalism, the hard way. I suspect most Binghamton fans will, sensibly, move on in short order. I had the opportunity to take in a second round playoff game there during the cup run last year and the fans were great and very friendly. My wife and I had a wonderful time and will certainly visit again. I think the relationship between the Binghamton and Ottawa franchises has generally been positive under the Murray regime, which is not to say that there have not been some foul-ups and management decisions that did not look as good as they might have, with hindsight. As a Senators fan I support both teams and wish them well. I would be shocked if the affiliation agreement is not renewed.

Cheers,

Sentient
This! Come back anytime, we appreciate the fans that actually come to Bingo and see what we are really like.