02-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Exactly.

Video-game esque.

Except this isn't a video game and there's no guarantees Nash fits here or produces like his two best seasons.

If he comes here and plays like he's been in Columbus as just a 60 point player or so and we don't win a Cup, he'll be just another overpaid FA that this fanbase wants to get rid of.

Well if the 60 points entails 35 goals a season as it has, over the course of his career, I think that would be far to big a contribution for our fans to want to run him out of town, and if our team is in a good enough position to the point where we can happily cut 35 goals just for the purpose of cutting salary, then i'd say thats a pretty good problem to have.

You can say point, points, points all you want, fact of the matter is Nash is a goal scorer who will be coming here to score goals, not to be a playmaker, and he isn't going to get 80 points when he ha been playing with guys like Zherdev his whole career. Richards isn't even going to hit 60 points this season and we have all seen what a huge difference maker he has been in stretches for us this year.