View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 10:41 AM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Well obviously, if we can get it done while keeping Lokti I will be that much happier. I guess I just don't hold Lokti in such high regard that I would let it kill a Nash trade. As much promise as Lokti shows, there is no guarantee he will be an impact player. Hopefully DL is working his ass off to get it done for as little as possible.

I guess where we differ is that I would be ok overpaying a bit to get a sure thing, that fills our biggest need.
Possibly. I do likely hold Loktionov to a higher value than some. I'm not saying he's a poor man's Datsyuk (which damacles was mislabelled as having said btw) but I think he's the type of forward who can be excellent all the way around, but not great at anything. Like a 50-point scorer who can backcheck very well and be on the PP and PK. Whether or not he reaches that level, I don't know, but he strikes me as the type of guy who if we let him go, we''ll be hollowing about it 2-3 years from now similar to how we whine in pain each time Matt Moulson scores a goal.

As for Nash, as you know, I just flat out do not want that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Jonathan Bernier "I haven't asked for a trade and I'm happy here, but I want to be a starter in the NHL," he told me.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/colum.../db120220.html
Nothing to read into that. He likes it in LA but he wants to play more. Outside of a handful of players, doesn't pretty much every NHL goalie, defenseman and forward want to play more?