View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Everyone remember our can't miss, uber-amazing russian prospect Evgeny Grachev? (he even had the authentic name!)

A perfect example of an overrated prospect who never amounted (and most likely never will) to what he was projected to be.

Kreider is being treated around here like he is the next Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, or even a Seguin who just happens to want to WAIT around in college and not ready to plat at the NHL level yet.

If he is so highly touted, and can step into NHL level play and dominate like the players above, why isn't he being heavily persuaded to sign here NOW?

He's cheaper than Nash, and we wouldn't have to trade Dubinsky, or any prospects.

Kreider might be another enigma who was highly touted, but once at the NHL level, blends in with others and never makes a crushing impact on the game.

Or, he might not be.

My point is, if this is such a sure thing with him, organization would make sure he would be here playing.

True sick talent is known about in the NHL and talked about league wide. Is Kreider flying under everyone's radar?, or is he only an enigma to this organization and its fans?

Lot's of interesting questions here...
You make some good points here, but I think Grachev is an entirely different animal than Kreider. Kreider has an NHL future based on his size, skating, and physicality alone. Grachev, however, was a top-six or bust kind of prospect that was over-hyped, and, at least to some extent, rushed in his development.

The Rangers tried to get him to turn pro last year, and he opted to go back to get his degree and try and win another championship. He's all but guaranteed to turn pro after graduation.

I'm 100% in the "keep Kreider" camp. I also happen to think we could get Nash without giving him up.