View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Rick Nash is not a knight in shining armor. He's not going to come in and score 30 goals in the remaining games and drag the Kings into the playoffs. Write the season off, acquire a scorer at the deadline if the price isn't exorbitant, if not just sell and get ready for next season. I hope AEG, Lombardi, and more importantly the fans realize this. There is no savior for this season.
I agree, and I don't think one player solves this entire problem going forward which is why I am very concerned about the acquisition of Nash as he severely limits the options going forward.

If an acquisition for a scorer is to be made I would look at Carter and deal Bernier, Martinez, and a pick to get him. I think that is a steep enough price to pay for Carter.

You finish the season out and re-evaluate in the off season. Then if you want to move Johnson you look to do it for more depth on the wing. Something like JVR for Johnson after your medical staff has determined JVR to be healthy, or Johnson for Grabner + a pick/prospect from the NYI.

You may even take a swing at Parise after acquiring Carter. Chances are slim, but would you rather throw Nash money at Nash, or Nash money at Parise?