View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 11:15 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kreider is not Grachev. Kreider is Stepan and McDonagh. Grachev was an enigma. Its not surprising people are down on Kreider. They're also the same people who didn't McDonagh was very good if Montreal traded him for Gomez. I remember touting McD here and he didn't play well against North Dakota. The game was on TV and someone cracked McD isn't a front line D. Is he a front line D now? Two years later. Stepan wasn't ready for the NHL. Same people who wanted to chuck DZ out the door. Girardi sucked too. Everyone has their opinions. I like Kreider. He is going to a very good NHL player just like the Badger boys. Would you Step or McD straight up for Nash? I wouldn't.

The Rangers brass especially Gorton and Clark love Kreider.
Very well said. As Boyler87 has been quick to point out, if you can get 20+ goal production from Kreider on his ELC, which is what the Rangers believe he can deliver, that is invaluable in the salary cap era. Yes, there are a few in the pro-Kreider crowd that have gone overboard, but, as we've seen this year, nobody is willing to part with Stepan, MDZ or McD. Kreider could very well reach that stage within the next year or so.

And, besides, there's only one GM in recent memory that's given up his franchise's best prospect for a star player, and that's Dean Lombardi when he gave up Brayden Schenn for Mike Richards, which speaks more about the desperation of Lombardi's situation than it does Richards' value as a player.