View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Good post. Our lack a real, effective 4th line players (and shutdown 3rd line players often too) has been glaring this year. White's return is glaringly noticeable not because he's such a dominant force as because he's a legit bottom 6 energy guy who hits and stands up for his teammates and brings energy every shift. We need a proper component of that element, instead we've spend 50 games waiting for one injured guy to come back in the lineup. Terrible job by the GM.
I think it's as someone said before, a snowball effect that started in the Carbo-era (and maybe before) where we became a top 9 team, with a whatever 4th line. We've gotten away from what made us a winning team so long ago.

All to say that I'm not going to put all the blame on Gauthier, because it's a cumulative effort by all the recent GM's that's currently put us in this position. If anything, Gauthier is the first GM in a while to actually address real problems in the organization. Signing Cole was big. Trading one underachiever for another (Cammalleri for Bourque) was a bit of a sideways deal at its worst, but at least it addressed the size issue. I for one like the deal, simply because of the 2nd rounder and Patrick Holland, and giving the team more flexibility money-wise. I don't think actually think Bourque will be that good here, but at least he can be convinced to be a big body in front of the net, something Cammalleri would never do.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote