View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I know everyone hates Bryzgalov and all. Just thought I would go to the statistics:

Post all star game. 7 games played, 2-1-2, 1.76 GAA, .929 save percentage with 1 shutout. Coming off the flu (which is bad enough to keep Jaromir Jagr out of the lineup, not easy to do) he is terrible 1 game. So was Bob. And this is the proof he needs to be run out of town?

IMO - Bryz is a very good goalie who is better than most here believe. Bryz is NOT as good as most WANTED HIM TO BE! He is not worth 50 million. BUT, he might just be good enough. I am firmly sticking behind him this year as this is YEAR ONE of 9, so WHY NOT! If he gets hot, as he has done MANY TIMES throughout his career, then we have a team to win it all.

He isn't unproven like Leighton. He isn't young like Bob was last year. He is an established goalie who was runner up for the Vezina 2 years ago. He isn't a bum. He isn't terrible. He is a star goalie on a new team in a new system and he has been good for months. Lets see if he continues the stats of January and February. Especially with the upgraded D.
Thank you. Some much needed perspective. And, in reality, the team has to figure out a way to get him back to his game - it's not like we can waive him to the Phantoms...