View Single Post
Old
01-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Steelhead16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFanLWB
handzus to me is a no brainer for next captain if primeau is done for the regular season... handzus may not be a vocal guy but he is everything a leader should be IMO... the guy doesnt make mistakes
When I read this thread I thought to myself that nobody has stepped up to BE THE CAPTAIN of this team but you just showed me the light. I watched the game yesterday and Handzus was everywhere doing everything. He goes about it so quietly that nobody even notices. I'm sure his teammates do however. John Davidson and Mike Emerick yesterday couldn't say enough about him. Except for giving a guy a beat down he is doing everything that Keith Primeau has done for the Flyers in the past. I do think a team needs a captain because the captain by commitee thing has games that fall through the cracks because nobody steps up that game. I've watched probably 80% of the Flyers games this year and Handzus has proved that he is there every game and is willing to whatever job is needed on a particular night. I realize that Pittsburgh is almost like a home game for the Flyers but it is still an away game and yesterday the crowd was doing the "ZZZUUUUSSSS" chant every time he had the puck. That's impressive in someone else's house.