View Single Post
Old
11-12-2003, 06:29 AM
discostu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrocketman
I'm a Preds fan first, then a Sens fan. Looking at the tremendous depth of the Sens at forward, I wonder if some kind of deal could be struck between the clubs.
Nashville needs a clutch goal scorer-- almost a pure sniper, a finisher. Watching on Center Ice it seems Ottawa could part with such a guy ready to break into a 1st/2nd line role in the big league (somebody that would have on a less talented club). I'm not talking Spezza, Havlat, etc., but maybe someone else (Vermette? I am still learning some of the prospects) just held back in the Sens system by depth. Nashville has just built tremendous depth in D prospects.

What do you guys think? Is it conceivable?
Well, Schastlivy fits the description that you're describing, except that he's been really disappointing for us this year. He's a pure goal scorer with a great shot. Before the season began, I had him pegged for 25 goals, but it's looking more doubtful that it will happen. Poor play has bumped around the line-up, and a guy like him needs the icetime to get his goals. If I was the GM, I'd probably want to hang on to him a little while longer to see if he can break out of his slump, but Muckler may be willing to part ways with him sooner.

THere has been talk about getting rid of him. Vermette has played well, and deserves to be on this team, and a guy like Schastlivy may have to move to get Vermette a spot on the roster.

WHo do you have in mind as a D prospect. Ottawa's got quite a few secondary D-man prospects, like Schubert, Vauclair, Platil, etc., so if we trade for someone, I would prefer it to be of someone of a higher calibre than these guys. Most of those guys have an upside of a top 4 d-man, but will most likely top out as bottom pairing guys.