View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 05:26 PM
JayQueensNY88*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavok View Post
Fellow Ranger fans, both at work, home and a few on these boards, are saying that Staal is "over-hyped, over-rated and not a solid on his end"......hmmmmmmm

Now truth be told, i may miss some of the finer points of games on TV--- such as some play-making or positioning....fore-checking, back-checking...but hey TV can only show so much.....

But where it comes to Staal, I feel like one of those people that fail to see the "pop-art" in those 3-D paintings....

"Staal sucks?"....."Staal is defensively wishy-washy?"......Staal is not the "stay at home D-man the Rangers need?"-----------ARE WE WATCHING THE SAME PLAYER/GAMES??!?!?

My cohorts say things like, "Even before the injury..." or "Just watch 'em, he turns-over constantly....."..........I dunno I just don't see it. Starting to get worried that I may need glasses or something.....

Guys, please sound off.....what the hell is everyone talking about....Am I off a bit, blind to poor play due to sentimentality? Are people serious about dealing Staal ? I need some feedback.....

Is STAAL the D-man i believe he is? Is STAAL a vital part to our future or not?

I say yes...and big time. Especially once he's fully recovered from PCS.

I will be playing EXTRA EXTRA close attention tonight......
Over rated,yes def....I would move him in a sick package for a top line winger no doubts...NYR dis dine with out him..he is getting 3rd pairing mins and nyr is still kicking ass.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote