View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dutch View Post
I don't know, the helmet really isn't a problem in a fight, the visor is.
I agree but I'm not tossing my helmet unless the other guy does. Whether it has a visor or not, that thing can be pretty helpful against my head smacking into the ice.

If Clarkson wants Phaneuf's helmet off, he has to toss his, imo. It's a spur or the moment fight so I have no real problems with either keeping their helmet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocashstyle View Post
Clarkson did instigate, there is no question about that. Phaneuf hit Parise and I'm sure he knew he was going to have to answer the bell. I give him credit for dropping the gloves even though he was reluctant too at first. I'm just saying it doesn't matter if it's a clean hit or not, when a team's star get rocked a fight will happen. If Phaneuf had hit say Bernier or someone like, then I would think fighting after a clean hit is dumb
It seems we essentially agree, at least as much as fans of opposing teams can. You drop a star player, you gotta expect somebody to come after you and that's fine. If Kessel or Lupul are hit by Clarkson, I fully expect Schenn or Brown or..whoever to have a discussion with him. I just don't like this philosophy that Dion HAS to be fight or else be condemned to being a spot picker or a coward or..whatever.

Last edited by Paris in Flames: 02-21-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote