View Single Post
Old
02-21-2012, 08:20 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Happy that I can help ease some of your stress but I agree with some of your observations too. Our D kids are top 4 types including Forbort who will in time, more than most I think will be a true #3 guy if not a top pairing shut down kid. Deslauriers can't make the team fast enough for me due to his drive determination and talent. He needs time but I think he will be a favorite of people who like the same things that we do (Toughness, passion and skill) in time.

Up front there isn't a Schenn out there for us yet but I am hopeful that we will address either at the draft or sooner. I was talking with Futa a few weeks ago and he said that he still thinks we have the best prospects overall in the game. When a guy like that has as much confidence as he does in our kids it makes you think. He has told me before about kids who he didn't like and typically shoots from the hip so I respect him.

Not all of our kids will make the NHL and some of them will be with other teams so we aren't in a perfect place but that said we are better off then it seems.

Did you see Peter Harrold have a nice game for the Devils the other night? I was joking about adding him to the list of players who didn't get a fair shake and ended up elsewhere but am happy to see him doing alright and getting another shot at the NHL.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote