View Single Post
Old
11-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Its not just Sundstrom. And it's not no matter what. And its not am obsession. You seem to always look at what else is in the deal.

In this proposed deal the Rangers get three players under the age of 28. Hainsey I like. Ward is 24 and has size.

In Sundstrom, the Rangers get the defensive winger that they need and a damn good penalty killer. He addresses a lot of the teams needs. And I believe that he can come cheap. I would love to see Sundstrom playing next to Holik.

How can you not like that deal? If the Rangers can move Carter for a player that they need in Sundstrom and get Hainsey and Ward how could you not be all over it?
Well This deal *might* work for both teams... If you take out Ward. He's a player that BG mentioned along with Komisarek in his press conference when hired as players that impressed him from the Habs, and Ward has size, character and grit, things that the team cannot afford to give away (they need more, not less).

If you'd consider Hainsey + Sundstrom for Carter + 3rd, then I say done. If not, pass.