Old
02-22-2012, 12:12 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Or translated into business speak...

Being that TWC will have ZERO interest in signing any contract with us come 60 days from now (after the NBA and NHL seasons end) we realize that every day we fail to offer better terms makes it less likely we will receive any income from them for at least 7 months.
THIS. MSG knew that their "mafia extortion tactics" failed, and Linsanity (which is F-ing annoying) was their best chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Boy View Post
Ironic that the Rangers best season in a LONG time means nothing, but the hot rookie start of an obscure Knick stimulates negotiation.
It pizzes me off.

The Lin story is largely media-manufactured nonsense, and the Knicks are still a crappy <.500 team. If this Lin kid played in Memphis, Houston, New Orleans, Oklahoma City or a zillion other NBA towns, nobody would have heard about him.

Quote:
I thought MSG pulled the plug? Guess that's just the ******* owner of MSG and the Rangers using one entity to pump up the other. Really an insulting email if you asked me.
They did. But Dolan thinks sports fans are absolute morons and pawns that arent smart enough to figure out what really transpired.

Quote:
The end of the impasse will be announced Friday afternoon by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and executives of both companies.
I loathe politicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
From what I know it's not a free channel--normally it's part of a sports package (called "sports pass") that costs $5-6 a month. TWC opened up those channels with a free preview when when MSG pulled itself from them (and is continuing the free preview until the end of the month).
Correct. The people who are claiming that they "always" got NHL Network either pay for the Sports Tier, or one of the TWC packages that includes the sports tier.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote