View Single Post
Old
02-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thook View Post
I think they are still doing a good job recruiting. Dias left after one season and he was a pure goal scorer. Hogg left for pros a year early. I see his stats this year... I think that was a mistake for him. Scherban was a great player but is not a good coach. His teams don't adapt well to styles played by the opposition (westen has 3 shutouts in a row against us) He really has no experience. Its easy to make him the scape goat but the results speak for themselves... LU is very undisciplined this year as well. Goal tending and defense have been pretty good. They just can't put the puck in the net. Looking at the power play Westen has compared to lakehead... Singer is out coaching scherban hands down. Its too bad because I do think the skill is there. There is lots of rookies on this years team so if it falls apart here... we do have something to look forward too.
From afar it seems that Lakehead has been getting predominantly junior "A" as opposed to major junior grads since hosting nationals. (That seems odd.)

I know full well that junior "A" can provide a lot of under-rated players who can make a difference. But if they had recruited even two more major grads per year over the last three years they would have a very strong team right now.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote