Thread: News Article: Mike Ribeiro back in Montreal?
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2012, 12:28 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't mind the underselling of a problem child here or there. It happens. But it just becomes a bit of a problem when it happens too often. Toss away a Ribeiro, fine, I can see why sometimes it might seem necessary. Free agents walk away too and you end up with nothing to show for them. You can't keep all assets, nor recoup value on all the ones who depart.

But when it becomes a Ribeiro, a Kostitsyn, a Grabovski, a Latendresse... it starts to add up to a bit more of an issue when multiple young "squandered" assets in a relatively short period of time show themselves to have value to their new teams that we have nothing to show for.

I'm not too sure I'd want them all back, mind you. (Although I'm partial to SK and Latendresse, not so much Ribeiro or Grabovski). But it *would* have been nice to at least have something to show for them. Or at least a couple of them.
well Ribs had to go, and while I hated the Lats trade at the time his comments afterwards made me rethink my hate of the trade. I actually felt we got a good return on the Grabo trade, it's just too bad that Lang had to get injured but Pateryn is looking very good at Michigan. Also I wonder if the Kostitsyn trade led to a little pay back via the Gill trade.

Personally I think the problems should be removed from the dressing room even if the return isn't great. It does raise question marks as to why we seem to have so many problems with these draft picks though.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote