View Single Post
Old
02-22-2012, 12:36 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
Well, I looked at the summer UFA D-Men finally...

In looking at the summer crop of UFA defensemen, about the only one that I would consider as a viable Suter alternatives would be Matt Carle or Colaiacovo.

Out of the two, I like what Colaiacovo brings to the table, but I also don't like his injury history. We don't need a dman which is injury prone.

Carle will more than likely be re-signed by the Flyers.

A veteran that has always intrigued me with the way he plays the game is Corvo, but I know a lot of folks here aren't high on him. His first pass is probably better than everyone the Wild has right now, minus Spurgeon.

He is also a good point man on the power play, but needs a feeder to be effective. His shot isn't all that great, but he is a good alternative to the high price tag that others will cost.

Jason Garrison is intriguing, but my opinion is tempered by the fact that he has benefited from playing with Campbell a lot. His numbers are inflated because of that and I don't want to get into a Jeff Schultz type of situation where he looks really good alongside Green, but then sucks ballz when Green goes out of the lineup.

I dunno... I'd like to look at picking up a good PMD that is actually under contract, but that skillset is apparently becoming something of a rarity...