Thread: Injury Report: Koivu (Returning To Lineup 3/22)
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
mikko1995

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnewby View Post
What has Koivu done to deserve having the "C" anyway? Sure, he has stretches where he just dominates. But a lot of the time he is hurt and or disappearing from games. It's hard to be a Captain when you spend a portion of every season in the press box..just sayin'. I like the guy, but to me he doesn't fit the leader role very well at all.
I'm going to ask you back, what has anyone else done to deserve the ''C''? He got the 'C' because it was believed that he is the face of the franchise and by all I have heard, he is a great leader. I think one thing what North Americans usually want from their captains is being a vocal leader. Most of the leaders in Finland are leaders by example. Saku Koivu is considered a great leader, but he doesn't talk much. Timonen is a good leader - doesn't talk much. Numminen, again a good leader, but doesn't talk much. Teemu Selanne is one guy who is somewhat a vocal leader, at least he is more vocal than most of the Finns. It's just how it is in Finland; the coaches do the talking, Captains lead by example they set one the ice; not by talking.

mikko1995 is offline   Reply With Quote