View Single Post
Old
02-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I appreciate your responses and appreciate when instead of bashing me with one line responses "like he never listen's or just like's fighting," you actually explain yourself.

Your long post from earlier actually made me feel a bit better about the state of our prospects but I still just have a pit my stomach seeing how LA and Manchester are doing and then look across the NHL to see how Schenn, Boyle, Simmonds, Purcell, and Moulson are progressing. Hell, even Teubert has played 20 games for the Oilers.

My biggest strike on this deal, and I mentioned earlier is Lombardi wants players who care and bleed Kings hockey. Simmonds was that type, a rare combination of skills and determination and now he is gone and excelling somewhere else, bleeding orange and black instead of black and silver. And Schenn, the top rated forward prospect that wasn't in the NHL last year is now heating up and looks great on the power play.

Richards started off hot, cooled, got hurt and now is just not finishing or contributing and the team can't score and in 9th place. He just turned a year older and has 8-9 years left. I just have a lot of questions about this deal and feel that Lombardi/Hextall let there man crush on Flyers hockey get the best of them in this one. They liked the "idea" of Mike Richards, but what we actually got is not anything like we all expected. Considering the assets both Penner and Richards cost us and the impact they are supposed to have and how I have spent more than half my life following this team, watching every single game, attending 10-15 a year, it sucks and is frustrating to see the kids we hoped the see for years to come are traded for established big money players who just aren't producing or helping this club rise up in the standings.
Mike Richards isn't a big guy and his style of play, I fear, will continue to lead to a lot of nagging injuries for him.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote