View Single Post
Old
02-22-2012, 04:08 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Jagr (Offseason)

Hey everyone was thinking to myself about this coming offseason, with the amount of UFA's we have especially on D as well as the amount of Forward depth we have with our young guys. I don't see how we bring back Jagr next year with the amount of young guys we have knocking on the door looking for top 6/9 minutes. And the amount of guys in the pipe looking to just crack the roster.

He is a generational talent and a beast most definitely, but would you resign him to another deal and see Couturier or Schenn or whoever relegated to bottom 3 minutes for a whole year again? Would you rather see him signed to another similar deal when we have forwards to take his spot in the lineup immediately and we still need help on D? Or would you rather us choose to not sign him and put his money into the Defense and let whoever earns their spot among the forward group earn their spots?

Personally I like the guy as a hockey player a lot. But if I had to pick, if I was the GM, there is not a chance that he gets resigned next year.

Hartnell-Giroux-Simmonds
JvR-Briere-Schenn
Read-Couturier-Voracek
Rinaldo-Talbot-Sestito

Then you have a guy like Wellwood who is trying to make it into the lineup as well. Who btw I really like but think he will basically be Nodl'd on this team, I don't think that there is ever going to be a place in the lineup for him unless its on the 4th line or injuries happen and then when he is traded away will probably be a good top 9 player for some team like CLB or CAR. Holmstrem, Akeson, Ranford, and Zolnierczyk too. Its not a bad thing we have a great offense but the point is I just don't see room for Jagr anywhere

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote