View Single Post
Old
01-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boucicaut
Nowadays I couldn't care less about the benefit to NHL or NHLPA. ZERO interest. The season that should have been is all that needs to be mentioned.

Not that I care much about the Finnish league either, that's also secondary entertainment.
so we're coming from positions that can't meet...

1) i'm not finnish... so what do i care if they are better or worse w/out the Flyers playing (if i cared about the Olympics and the US winning that much i'd be ACTIVELY rooting for them not to go)?

2) ...brings us to this point... i'd rather see the Flyers win the Cup than the US win a gold medal.

3) yes... the owners pulled off the most important CBA-negotiation in the history of sports and won. losing that season sucked, but what was accomplished was necessary. if the NHL maintains this, don't be shocked if you hear some small market baseball teams start grumbling about their situation... now they have a model to follow.

don't sweat it dude... i understand you want the Finnish team to be good... obviously there is no reason for me to have any interest in that cause.