View Single Post
02-22-2012, 10:47 PM
vCash: 500
Just completed about 2,000 words (I may not be done with it yet, but for now I'm happy with this. Also about 1/3 of it is from arrbez's bio in 2010, so shout out to my old partner for helping me out here) on Glen Harmon, and I find him to be a very solid top 4 defenseman in this draft. He is very speedy, and is better defensively than was known before this. I defintiely do not think he will get "eaten alive" on a top pairing in this draft, especially with Doug Harvey who can mask some of his deficiencies, such as his size. He will be either third or fourth on my minute chart no matter what, as Harvey will be playing a lot of special teams minutes, and Gerard will be killing penalties and probably second PP.

Harmon was noted as being physical for his size, a solid shot blocker, and a spark plug during his day. The best example from today I can think of is Kris Letang. Solid defensively, great skater, very good puck mover and physical despite the lack of size. Take the time to read it if you have any questions on him as a top 4 defenseman in this draft. I certainly believe that he was simply a defenseman who was behind Reardon and Bouchard (not a bad thing by any stretch) and would have been top pairing on any other team in the league.

Last edited by vecens24: 02-22-2012 at 10:54 PM.