Thread: Value of: Linus Omark to Florida
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 12:45 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakrSnooze View Post
All depends what happens with Hemsky. If he's re-signed on a 2 or 3 yr deal then Omark is expendible. If Hemsky's traded then I could see the Oil giving Omark top 6 minutes for the rest of the season and giving him a real look.
exactly what i was going to say but i know the oil have extended a 2 year offer that was turned down. Hemskys pov, and although i dont like hemsky i understand his ideas, is that he has already given up a year of ufa eligibility under the current deal. He wants a 5+ year contract as far as term. he hasnt talked about dollar figures publicly but that doesnt surprise me. for the record i believe he leaves dollars to the agent while he is strict on term. One thing he has talked about clearly (it is unlike him to even talk and when he does its extremely vague but on this point he was quite clear) he feels he can be a #1 rw for the next 5 years and wants to be on a team where he has that position given to him. With eberle getting a ppg in just his second year and 20 y/o and not even hitting his ceiling yet...hemsky is NOT a #1 rw here.

so... i expect hemmer to be dealt.

the reason why the offer being rejected is not public? sure hurts your trade leverage and return if your partner knows you dont have a hop of retaining the assets services and he will hit the market for free.
from what i have heard though the secret wasnt kept for long and most of the nhl and agents know hemmer isnt staying in edmonton.

i hope when hemmer gets dealt that they mix things up. id love to see the swedes together. but when rnh returns it really puts gagner back in limbo. maybe we deal another forward but i dont see that happeneing.
also OKC is firing away at the #1 spot in the league. not sure if edmonton interferes much.

hall rnh eberle
magnus lander omark
smyth horcoff gagner
eager belanger jones

horcoff is one of those guys that has a decent off wing shot like Magnus. i wonder if him and Gags can switch off at times. coaches never mind having 2 guys who can take draws on the same line, especially when ones a left and ones a right.

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-23-2012 at 12:50 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote