View Single Post
Old
11-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Gagne2433

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Gagne2433
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD
KJ would be a good long-term investment, but don't expect much short-term.

The WCO is difficult for a WR to learn and KJ has never played it. He would be starting from scratch at mid-season. In other words, he would essentially be on a rookie's learning curve.

To be honest, if the Eagles are going to put some big bucks into a WR, then pass on KJ and pick up Owens in the off-season. He is the definitive WCO WR.
The Eagles would claim KJ because by doing so, they only need to pay $339,000 for his services this year and KJ can opt out into unrestricted free agency in the offseason.

Anyway, I agree with you. KJ would not be someone that would help on the field right now, however, here is what I feel. If you put Johnson out there and just give him routes to run on 3rd downs, all of a sudden, the Eagles have a receiver who can get seperation and who can catch the ball. With Johnson on the field, the defense immediately has someone else to worry about besides McNabb and that alone could really open up the offense for this team.

As for Terrell Owens, do not count on it. The Eagles will not go out and spend that kind of money on a WR and ironically enough, a solid WR has just fallen into their laps basically and if they do not claim him, they are making a huge mistake.

KJ can play. He is a player and on this team, he is easily the best receiver.

I think, however JCD, KJ's and McNabb's connection/chemistry they had in college will really help KJ grasp the offense and get in a rhythm with the team. I truly believe that KJ could be a legit threat for this team in mid-to-late December if picked up and given the opportunity.