Why Does Tim Panaccio have a Job?
View Single Post
01-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by
i thought billy tibbits had **** charges??? comparing downie to a convicted rapeist is about as ignorant as a writer can get...
For the record:
1. Tibbetts pleaded guilty March 30, 1994, to ****** a 15-year-old girl
2. On April 27, 1994, he was given a suspended sentence ... on charges of assault and battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct and intimidating a witness.
3. Tibbetts was arraigned again July 12, 1995, in Hingham (Mass.) District Court for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon
4. "Pittsburgh Penguins right wing Billy Tibbetts was suspended four games without pay by the NHL on Monday for sucker punching Atlanta Thrashers left wing Darcy Hordichuk while he was on the bench."
5. November 19, 2004 PRINCETON, NJ – The ECHL announced on Friday that Las Vegas right wing Billy Tibbetts has been suspended indefinitely:
"The Condors had just taken a 5-3 lead on (David) Kudelka's second goal at 5:21 of the third period when Tibbetts, who had committed four minor penalties earlier and was frustrated by the Mike Hofstrand-Todd Alexander-Paul Rosebush line all night, snapped.
The puck entered Bakersfield's zone. Tibbetts skated in and gave an unsuspecting Alexander a vicious cross-check in the same fashion one might deliver an uppercut."
I think you guys are, intentionally or not, are missing Panaccio's point which has to do with Downie's potential state of mind not the particulars of what the kid's done. Panaccio isn't comparing Downie to a rapist; he's comparing him to a guy who, in spite of multiple run-ins and warnings, couldn't or wouldn't get the help he needed.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by dedalus