View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Rhiessan71
Just a Fool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danincanada View Post
This argument is not just about being bigger, stronger and faster because a deeper talent pool would affect everything. With more people logic would say there will usually also be more available "talent". Even if you only upgraded the 3rd liners in the league then it would get slightly harder for the elite players to dominate.
Of course and that's why no one is saying that Greztky could match his 200+ seasons.
And I'm still waiting for an explanation of how a skinny little runt like Gretzky fits into your evolution theories?
You also may want to actually read this thread from the beginning to see how your "theories" are doing

Quote:
I think you are equating "heart" to dedication here and todays players are probably more dedicated than ever before. Afterall, they are pretty much training for hockey year round now and if they don't you often notice it in their play. Ovechkin is a wonderfully gifted athlete but what the heck is going on with him now? Has he lost his god given talent or maybe he just isn't taking his conditioning, training and mental approach seriously enough now?
I also think OV is gifted player...physically. I have never found his mental game or his overall hockey sense on the same level though.
Crosby for example has the higher hockey intellect or IQ just like Gretzky's hockey IQ was above Crosby's.

Rhiessan71 is offline   Reply With Quote