View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 12:30 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I would not mind Tangradi and a pick coming back from Pittsburgh if the Blues were to move CGDS. Tangradi has been close to a point-per-game player this year while in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and has had some cups of coffee with the Pens this year. He just turned 23, has NHL size at 6' 4, 232, and can find the net without a map. He would be a perfect replacement for CGDS, I think, and both players could probably benefit from a change of scenery.

Would LOVE to see the Blues land Orpik somehow, as I've always liked his game, but I don't see how they could do that without really screwing up the chemistry. Trading for Orpik at this point seems to me like a Garth Butcher deal waiting to happen...
Orpik would be a really, really interesting play for the Blues. I'll put it to you this way: I really doubt that he'd be available. BUT, it's not 100% inconceivable. That said, it would take a major overpayment for him. Stewart would have to be a start. Colaiacovo would have to be added for the stretch run for the Pens. And, then a significant prospect would need to be added.

As for Tangradi, I can and do see him getting moved. I don't think he's a bust. His skating doesn't make him a fit for Bylsma's system. Right coach, right opportunity, and he can be an impact second/third line tweener. He's just not going to get that chance in Pittsburgh.