View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Sure, of course, but he's only 21. But you still see Subban's potential higher? I'll give him the physical play, for sure, but I think so far, Karlsson looks like the better defenseman both offensively and defensively. I do think though that Subban will regain form and be much better than he's shown this year.

I just don't see the need some of you guys seem to have to compare Subban to the better young d-men in this league. Last year it was Doughty, now Karlsson...
I really don't see what the problem is with comparing them. Karlsson is having a spectacular year and be he and Doughty are the standard of excellence for young rearguards. It makes sense to use them as a measuring stick when you're comparing other young players.

As I said, Subban has the skills to be an elite level player and I beleive he will develop into a Norris calibre defenseman. I didn't always believe this but he's shown enough to convince me otherwise. He's got a great skillset and has all the tools.

Maybe I'll be wrong on this and maybe he won't become the Norris cabibre guy that I thought has the ability to become. I was wrong when I thought the same thing about Dion Phaneuf. He had some fantastic early seasons but never seemed to take that next step that I thought he would. And if I'm wrong on Subban, that's fine. But I don't think it's a silly question to ask. Given what I've seen with Subban, I think he'll be among the best blueliners in the league and many analysts including Mike Keenan agree with me.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote