View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
I was very careful with my word choice, I never said "empty the cupboard" I said, "give up all these assets". I never specified which assets, but there will be multiple assets given up, which fits my words.

My proposal for getting more offense? Keep the team together. Let them get better together. Let them continue to grow together. Let Dubi get out of his goal scoring slump. Let the young guys like Anisimov develop more consistency in their games. Then I'd tell the fans to remember scoring doesn't come easy to any team in the NHL, and that we're the 12th highest scoring team in the league this year. That's actually above average if you remember there are 30 teams in the league. I know you guys are used to us having scoring problems so it's easy to fall back into that mindset, but we've actually been so in that regard.

I'll remind you that we're the best in the east. And we're the best defensive team in the east. So chill. It's a young team, this year has been great considering we should be better the next few years it only gets more exciting. That can all change if we get Nash, and very possibly for the worse. Lets do what got us here. Building from within and not giving up assets. Also lets keep the chemistry together, these guys have earned the chance to win it all together. They've earned the fans trust. Give it to them.
+1

Totally agree. Dogs and cats living together...