View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
Subban is better than Karlson on D ainec. Karlson has Spezza, Alfredson, Michalek and other offensive dynamos to pass to, if Subban had those guys his numbers would be a lot closer to Karlson's.

I am not saying Karlson is not a great player, and he is better than PK offensively, but would I trade them 1 for 1, hell no. Ottawa is going to overpay for his skillset and will regret it one day, seen this play out a million times.

Fans will say we are homers but we watch PK play and know what his upside is. I have seen a lot of Karlson play and yeah he has the offensive goods but I am absolutely not impressed with his defensive play, so as someone said before would I rather have a Coffee type or a Chelios type , I take the Chelios, pure preference.
I'm a Habs homer, but Ottawa will never ever regret whatever they will end up paying Karlsson. He's elite offensively whether you want to admit it or not.

My main issue with Ottawa fans is their evaluation of his overall D game. It's really not that bad, but hearing them you'd think he's above and beyond most D-men in this league, which is absolutely false. The guy has insane vision though, he definitely could turn to be really good in his own zone despite his size, a la Enstrom.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote