View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
It's three million dollars on the bottom pairing. We're a budget team and Murray isn't going to overpay when someone cheaper can do that job just as well as Toni.
Who then? IMO Murray is going to want a 4/5 guy to play with Schultz next year, not a borderline guy like Broobank. With no clear cut number one defenseman, it's much more essential to be able to count on your other 2 pairs too contribute more (like a 2a and 2b thing). I don't see any real replacements that will fill the role Lydman has that will cost much less. If he has to go to FA to get one, he's probably going to have to overpay. In a perfect world, we'd find someone for 1.5 and use the savings on forward help. Unfortunately I don't see many potential candidates who fill that role.

Now I do expect Murray to entertain offers for him, but I don't see this as a scenario where he's trying to move him. If his contract ran past next year it would make more sense. However with the large amount of space we will have next year, I don't think Lydman's 3 million is much of a concern.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote